Get August 2020 3 pastured slow-cook Bresse chickens; Give April-June veg+
Highly pastured, beyond-organic-fed, rotationally grazed, gourmet slow-cook American Bresse heritage chicken
- (7-8 lbs, 3 whole Bresse chickens)
- (One-time pick up at the farm, on a week near mid-August, weather dependent, emailed in advance)
- * Higher nutrition from higher degree of natural live-food foraging
- * Pastured, beyond-organic-fed, rotationally grazed chicken, with rich, tasty meat
- A nutritious and tasty contrast with other chicken available locally:
- * Bred in France for hundreds of years for a highly-pastured diet
- * American Bresse are imported from the Bresse region of France, and we give them more pasture than the French Bresse standard.
- Bresse “has the reputation of being the best quality table chicken in the world”.
- * In 1825, one of the world's first and greatest foodies, the 19th-century epicure and gastronome Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, described the bird as "the queen of chickens, and the chicken of kings".
- *pastured on >1200 square feet per chicken per year* on diverse vegetation for vitamins, minerals, soil biota, and your nutrition: higher omega-3s, CLAs, & vitamin E
- *rotationally grazed* for avoiding pathogen cycles, with clean pasture and a fresh salad every day
- *beyond-organic fed* with feed mix having a huge diversity of over 80 all-organic ingredients
- *humanely bred* for mobility, very low stress, health, & heartiness
- *ethically selected*, growing both males and females
- *able to express natural species behavior*, foraging, scratching, digging, & thrivng
- *harvested ethically* for very low stress hormones, precision dressing for maximum nutrition, & no artificial chemicals
- *exceeding the animal welfare standards* of even the Polyface and French Bresse methods
Fresh, high phytonutrient & antioxidant wild vegetable varieties, in season
Pastured, beyond-organic-fermented-fed, high nutrition, beta-carotene, vitamins A, D3, E, B12, K2 MK-4, CLA, & omega-3 eggs, 2 doz
Fresh heirloom fruits, in season
Fresh pure non-treated herbs, in season
More from this collection